Budeful was created out of love for design, love for quality pieces and a love for not upsetting our environment. The following policies are what we hope will become an industry benchmark and show how it is possible to achieve a healthy balance between manufacturing quality items and being eco-friendly.
Everything is Budeful
The concept for Budeful was born whilst walking on the beaches and grassy downs in Bude. With its stunning views of the Pepper Pot and Summerleaze Beach, this brand idea came into being.
Everything at Budeful started with love. Love of quality of design. Love of beautiful products; love of the environment and love of life and people. Netty Wilson and Nathan Bone, both knew they had created something special.
The co-creators of Budeful held onto their concept and belief in what they were creating. What kept both designers working on their dream, was their creativity and sense of humour. Together with their expertise, they brought the Budeful brand to life.
Inspired by Art Deco, their collections will add instant style to any interior. More designs are in development and will be available in store and online very soon. These two designers will very busy creating and innovating over the coming months.
Our Budeful Environment
At Budeful we understand the importance of balancing business with the environment. They identified the difficulty consumers face when making a decision about their purchases. It was important for them to supply products to market that their customers can believe in. Each product that Budeful supplies for retail, has a rating for its impact on the environment. Budeful uses limited and recycled packaging where possible. Their company ethos is to keep the world around us sustainable and Budeful.
Our Budeful Philosophy
So what makes great design?
At Budeful our belief is that everything was once a concept which then becomes a reality. We ask: ‘Has all care and consideration gone into the design of an object and it’s impact on the world around us?’ At Budeful we like to think we have done the thinking for you. Since we began in 2016, the necessary thought and consideration goes into all our designs. We have breathed pure love into everything we do so you can enjoy our products in your daily lives.
To guide us, we have a basic set of questions we ask. We want our conscious consumers to be able to relax in the knowledge that we vet all our suppliers so you don’t have to.
What if you knew:
The environmental impact of your
purchasing decision before you made it?
The supply chain used got
scored to follow environmental standards?
Would you be more willing to purchase from such a retailer?
Currently in the U.K. and possibly globally no retailer can supply this information. Budeful believes this is a missed opportunity. This is why Budeful aim to be one
of the greenest retailers within the U.K.
and aim to be one of the greenest globally.
What ‘Green Credentials’ Budeful looks for:
- Geographical location of suppliers / manufacturers
- Where possible Budeful will only use U.K. suppliers.
- Materials used and waste generated
- Minimal carbon footprint
- Sourcing sustainable / recyclable / bio-degradable materials
- Packaging materials using either FSC approved or recycled stocks.
- Products we commission are able to have a long and useful life
- Once products have reached the end of its useful life, it is easily reused, up-cycled or recycled
- Volunteer product information on how products impact on the environment
- Provide a score based on it’s environmental credentials to help you make informed choices.
Our Budeful Mission
The Budeful mission is simple: to create a ‘Charming British Designer Lifestyle Brand.’
As a company, Budeful will always try to do its bit for the local community. We are after all one big family and we believe it is vital to try and help those who genuinely need help and support. Budeful believes by helping local community projects they can play a small part in helping others to prosper. If you have a community project and think we could support you and your cause, please get in touch and let us know how you think we can assist.
Our environmental policy
Budeful is the creators of charming high quality designer homeware items. We recognise that our works might have potential environmental impact. As part of our continual improvement, we will always aim to ensure that we consider and manage the impact of our creations against the needs of the environment and the need to protect it.
To demonstrate our continual improvement, we will monitor and improve our environmental performance in the following key areas:
- Identify ways to reduce the amount of waste we generate and seek to avoid landfill wherever practicable.
- Promote the use of sustainable construction techniques and incorporate sustainable products and materials within our projects where feasible.
- Work with our supply chain to ensure our subcontractors and suppliers work to the same environmental standards as ourselves.
- Seek to reduce the carbon footprint on the creation and distribution of our products.
- Implement and maintain regular environmental monitoring considering factors like:
- identify our key environmental risks and introduce measures to prevent pollution,
- set and maintain compliance with relevant compliance obligations
We would like to thank you for taking time to read this and for your support in both the Budeful Brand and its products. We hope you will continue to follow us here on this website and on our social media platforms.
“Thank you for your faith in our ethos and merchandise. We hope you will love our items as much as we have loved creating them.”